The Software Engineer ensures that requests made by customers and partners are met in a timely and professional manner while providing excellent customer service and liaising with the correct internal teams for swift resolution. Ubisecure customers and partners are located across the globe, so good English skills are essential and work shift flexibility may be required. It is crucial to be able to multi-task and prioritize while providing solutions to customers.
Because this role might also include development tasks, the Software Engineer would need to have development experience and have a background in Java. In addition to the support and development aspects of this role, the tasks associated with the position will also include some operational work regarding Ubisecure Identity Cloud customer deployments.
- Learn Ubisecure IAM products inside-out (On Premise: Identity Server, Cloud: Identity Cloud), create in-depth knowledge of the functionality of the products
- Analyze, reproduce and diagnose customer and partner submitted tickets and perform root cause analysis, meet the defined service level targets
- Operational hands-on responsibilities with Ubisecure Identity Server and Amazon AWS based Ubisecure Identity Cloud product
- Work with members of development, product management and sales teams to determine the best course of action to resolve the customer/partner support requests
- Work with development team to design and implement small required fixes (both code and knowledge base documentation) in the products to make sure that the customer problems won’t recur
- Propose larger fixes to the product development teams
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form
- Assist in documenting solutions into product documentation
- Maintain records in tracking system (Confluence, Jira, Salesforce)
Minimum requirements for this position include (Support requirements):
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner with an operational orientation (e.g. ITIL)
- Experience troubleshooting software applications and related technology infrastructure, or equivalent
- Experience providing direct support to external customers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in the interest of finding viable solution for customers around the world
- Linux and Windows system operation experience
- Experience working with SQL databases and LDAP directories
- Experience working with web applications
Minimum requirements for this position include (Development requirements):
- Knowledge with Web Application development (Java EE, Servlet)
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a development team
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, proactive and quick-learner
Ubisecure offers an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing multinational company and work with a team of closely knitted professionals. We have 3 offices over the world, and our office in Finland is located in the technology hub of Finland: Otaniemi, Espoo.