Cloud Solution Specialist
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd is the leading research and technology company in the Nordic countries. We use 4,000,000 hours of brainpower a year to develop new technological solutions. Here you will solve challenges together with customers and partners from around the world. We offer an encouraging and innovative work environment, brilliant colleagues and various career paths.
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities.
Be part of our creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching. We’re now looking for
THE BEST CLOUD SOLUTION SPECIALIST IN THE MARKET:
TECHNOLOGY PRO WITH A BUSINESS SIDE
We are looking for Cloud solution specialist who can combine service-minded attitude with technical expertise. You love the business impact of technologies, and drive IT service development in alignment with business needs and cutting-edge technology capabilities in own area of responsibility.
LEADING THE WAY
You’re driven to build great things and get awesome results.
We’ll also be looking for these things:
- 5+ years of working with cloud technologies such as AWS / Azure / Google /
- Extensive experience with hybrid and cloud services (ideally Azure). You know the “gotchas,” potential problems, and how tosetup a geographically redundant service in the cloud
- Know the ins and outs of hosting Microsoft based solutions – Windows Server, MS SQL Server, .NET, etc. Best practices for deploying applications on such a stack in the cloud.
- Prior experience with a SaaS / cloud-basedsolution organization that has developed an extensive library of APIs
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)
- Knowledge of cloud Monitoring Tools
- A commitment to best practices. We’ll want your opinions on operational processes, DevOps, deployment checklists, and more
- Managing communication with cloud team, research & company internal infra teams
- Drive adoption of new cloud technologies and features of owned services to upkeep service functionality and usability in alignment with business needs
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- MSc/BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent
HOW YOU FIT IN
You’re a great communicator and capable of not just doing the work but teaching others and explaining the “why” behind complicated technical decisions at all levels of organization.
You’re a Team player with good collaboration skills.
As a person you are keen to learn new things, solutions-oriented and proactive.
You’re open to good ideas, wherever they come from.
You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves: This role will evolve over time, and we’ll want you to evolve with it!
YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS OUT
One more thing to think about: Your cloud solutions will help us transform our entire business operation.