Software Team Lead
Is your passion to lead and coach people?
Are you enthusiastic about agile software development?
Would you like to have a key role when building up a world-class SW development team?
EKE Electronics is looking for a
Software Team Lead
to provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship methods to a team of 15+ highly skilled developers.
You will be part of an Agile development team, building and working on secure and safety grade software for Linux embedded systems. Your team is responsible for overall SW development in the company including both R&D related projects and complex customer projects. Competence development responsibilities are planned and handled in close co-operation with the Human Resources.
Your key responsibilities
- Line management and personal development of a team of 15+ highly skilled developers
- Leadership on Agile practices and habits to meet high standards of software quality and overall efficiency
- Competence and resource planning according to the company strategy and road maps including recruiting and external consultant agreements
- Daily collaboration with software and test automation developers and software architects to plan, design, develop, test and maintain EKE’s product and customer project activities
- This position reports to the CEO of the company
We offer you
- Unique opportunity to be part of a Finnish success story
- Flat organization in a family business where you can really influence
- Cutting edge products with international clients
- Meaningful work building green public transport
- Career opportunity in a financially sound family business founded in 1961
We expect from you
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
- Strong experience of people management and the ability to lead and influence others
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile, DevOps and test automation concepts
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems and processes
- Strong team player and delegator skills; understanding when to step out of leadership role and let others take responsibilities
- Excellent listener; desire to know and understand your team members
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Transformation of the SW team/operations to agile operations
- Knowledge about the requirements management process
- Knowledge about the SW quality assurance / SW testing
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Fluent Finnish and English language skills
If you think this could be your next career move apply latest by August, 9th.
Please, provide your CV and application in .pdf format, thank you!
EKE Electronics Oy is a world leader in train automation and Train Management Systems. EKE Electronics is a division of the EKE Group, a privately held company founded in 1961 in Finland. EKE provides leading technologies to train manufacturers, operators and integrators for efficient train manufacturing and operations. We provide tailored solutions for system integration, train automation, train communications, train diagnostics and improved safety.
EKE Electronics employs close to 100 employees in Espoo, Finland. Our growth rate is high. We have doubled our employee count and turnover during the last two years, and we expect to continue at the same pace.