Senior Data Engineer
Posti has always been the company next door. In every village in Finland, on every street corner, we’ve been at the center of communication. A cultural shift from communication to ecommerce is taking place – we’re moving from sending love letters to delivering goods and services. To make the change, we need to build a bridge to the next generation of technology.
Our mission is to build new digital businesses for Posti, as well as to provide a cutting-edge customer experience across our digital channels. We believe in passion, clean code, software automation and agile ways of work! Would you like to have an opportunity to build leading digital services as a part of the biggest digital transformation in Finland?
We are now looking for an experienced
Senior Data Engineer
to join our Data Services team in Helsinki or Lappeenranta
Digital solutions and rapidly growing eCommerce businesses are cornerstones in Posti’s strategy. In this role you will be in a key player in the Posti’s digital transformation to build a new next generation Data & AI solutions for Posti Group to drive our digital strategy. You will have an unique opportunity to build services that will change and affect the daily lives of millions of Finnish people and create business value to our customers. You will be creating the digital future for all of us and you have a chance to make true impact and leave your mark on the pioneering digital ecosystem of our society.
Senior Data Engineer will design, build, ship and maintain our business critical data platforms. In this role you will lead development of both transactional and data warehouse designs mentoring our team of cross functional engineers and Data Scientists. You’ll also design, implement and tune tables, queries, stored procedures, and indexes.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- You’ll work on high impact projects that improve data availability and quality, and provide reliable access to data for the rest of the business
- Design, architect and support new and existing data and ETL pipelines and recommend improvements and modifications.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Be responsible for ingesting data into our data warehouse and providing frameworks and services for operating on that data.
- Communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to key stakeholders and identify, design, and implement internal process improvements and automating manual processes
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, API’s and cloud technologies.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you have:
- +5 years of experience implementing complex ETL pipelines preferably in connection with cloud environments
- Experience writing complex SQL and ETL processes
- Exceptional coding and design skills, particularly in Java/Scala and Python.
- Experience in working with large data volumes, including processing, transforming and transporting largescale data
- Preferably a B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or other equivalent experience.
- A strong understanding & usage of algorithms and data structures, machine learning expertise is seen as an advantage
You will get to cooperate with our top professionals in product design, technical development, sales & partnerships and customers. You will work with a highly agile, positive and supporting team of experienced professionals, driving Posti’s digital transformation. You’ll have a chance to learn and develop and you get to work with inspiring and challenging projects in a technologically complex environment. We can offer you a chance to work with an unique and comprehensive asset ranging from consumer & logistics data to environmental & infrastructure data sets. You get to design and build Posti’s data architecture and transform it into future data solutions to create value for Finnish businesses and have a true impact on the digitalization of Finnish society.
We will provide you comprehensive introduction to your role and coaching and training for your future development. We offer you competitive salary, modern working facilities and tools, and the benefits like, mobile phone, sports, gym, personnel discounts, team events and activities. The position is located in our modern office in Ilmala, Helsinki or in Lappeenranta.
Posti is the leading postal and logistics service company in Finland. Our core business include postal services, parcels, freight and logistics services. We have the widest network coverage in Finland and we visit about three million households and companies every weekday. We manage the flow of everyday life in 11 countries. Our net sales in 2017 amounted to EUR 1,647 million and the number of our personnel is approximately 20,000. We are a smoke-free workplace.